TO: MACA Board of Directors, Executive Committee, Member Companies, State Associations, Committee Chairs/Vice-Chairs, Consultants, Committee Members
FROM: Bonnie McCarvel, Executive Director
RE: Quarterly Meetings – June 5-6, 2019
ACTION: As requested
Register Form – Click here
Tentative Schedule – Click Here
The Mid America CropLife Association (MACA) quarterly meetings:
Dates – June 5-6, 2019
Location – Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark, 1 South Broadway, St. Louis, MO 63102
To participate please do the following:
- Register for the meeting by completing the form below.
- The committee meetings will be held Wednesday afternoon as usual.
- Join the group for lunch starting at noon, followed by a special program at 12:30 pm.
- The off-site event will be a visit to a FOOD ROOF Farm in the city of St. Louis at 10:00 am Wednesday morning. It’s the first rooftop farm in St. Louis and a model for urban agriculture, sustainable building, stormwater management and community development. Not your typical farm, Urban Harvest STL led the collaboration of architects, landscape architects, green roof experts, horticulturalists, structural engineers, agronomists and urban farmers to create this internationally recognized project. Please plan to join President Edsten on this adventure! Cost will be $5 per person. (Too far to walk, to close for a bus – we’ll share rides – drivers needed.)
- Wednesday evening – the Cardinals vs. Reds baseball game starts at 7:15 pm. Cost for a ticket is $131.00 and includes admission, plus food and beverage.
- The board meeting will begin at 7:30 a.m. on Thursday morning and will conclude by 11:00. Please plan your departures after that time.
- Please extend a personal invite to someone from your company or someone you know in the industry to attend the MACA meetings on Wednesday.
- Reserve a room at the hotel by calling Hilton St. Louis at the Ballpark at 314-421-1776. Be sure to reference MACA meeting to get into the room block. Or you can click on this link to reserve your room on line.
- The room rate is $284 and includes the $75 meeting fee. The room block is open thru May 5, 2019.
- In an effort to control costs, there is a charge of $75 per person to defray meeting costs and is included in your hotel room rate – if you are staying at the hotel. Otherwise MACA will invoice you following the meeting. (Cancellations must be received in writing by noon, May 30, 2019 in order to receive a refund. If a person registers, but does not give proper cancellation notice, the person will be billed accordingly.)
See you in St. Louis!
TENTATIVE MACA MEETING SCHEDULE
Wednesday, June 5, 2019 – Committee Meetings
|8:30am – 3:45pm
|8:30am – 9:00am
|First Time Attendees/New People Orientation
|Depart for MACA Event – Food Roof Farm
|10:00am – 11:00am
|Food Roof Farm Tour
||Return to hotel
||First Time Attendees welcome/orientation
|Noon – 1:30pm
||Lunch and Sustainability Speaker
- Annual Meeting
- Distribution & Environment (D&E)
- Industry Communications
- Production & Environmental Stewardship (PES)
|Cardinals vs Reds Baseball Game
- For those wishing to attend – (MACA will have a suite.)
- Cost $131 – will include dinner, game, etc.
Thursday, June 6, 2019 – Board Meeting
|7:00am – 7:30am
|7:30am – 11:00am
|MACA Board Meeting
A. Call to Order & Introductions – Paul Edsten, President
B. Review of “Antitrust & Fair Trade Practice Guidelines” – Paul Edsten, President
- Barbara Dunn O’Neal – Legal Counsel
- Fiduciary Responsibilities & Legal Responsibilities – O’Neal
C. Secretary’s Report – Lindsey Jackson, Secretary
D. Treasurer’s Report – Lindsey Jackson, Treasurer
E. Committee Reports
- Executive Committee – Tim Riley, Vice Chair
- Annual Meeting Committee – Don Bradley, Chair
- Distribution & Environment Committee – Lindsey Jackson, Chair
- Production & Environmental Stewardship Committee – Matt Lawrence, Chair
- Industry Communications Committee – Susan Macy, Chair
- Membership Update –
- Young Leader Scholarship Program – Jaime Yanes & Rodney Schmidt
- CropLife Ambassador Network (CAN) – Michelle Kilper, Coordinator
F. State Association Update – Randy Stookey
G. Executive Director Update – Bonnie McCarvel
H. Old Business
- Long Range Plan – Tim Riley, Chair
I. New Business
- Next Meeting – November 7, 2019