To research public issues relating to crop production and to work together to improve the crop life cycle via health, safety and public education.
TO: MACA Board of Directors, Executive Committee, Member Companies, State Associations, Committee Chairs/Vice-Chairs, Consultants, Committee Members
FROM: Bonnie McCarvel, Executive Director
DATE: April 8, 2013
RE: Quarterly Meetings – June 5-6, 2013
ACTION: As requested
The Mid America CropLife Association (MACA) quarterly meetings will be held on Wednesday, June 5, 2013, and Thursday, June 6, 2013, at the Marriott St. Louis Airport Hotel, 10700 Peartree Lane, St. Louis, Missouri. The tentative committee schedule and board meeting agendas follow. The committee meetings are on Wednesday with the Board meeting Thursday morning beginning at 7:30 am. Please note the following items:
- Make your hotel arrangements prior to the meeting by calling the Marriott at 800-228-9290 or directly at 314-423-9700 to reserve a room at the rate of $124.00 plus tax which includes the meeting room fee. To ensure the rate, say you are with MACA . Last day to reserve a hotel room is Monday, May 13, 2012, by 5:00 p.m. There is a complimentary shuttle to and from Lambert Airport 24 hours a day.
- Please plan to join President Jason Paris, Vice President Greg Reigh, Secretary-Treasurer Tom Quade and Immediate Past President Matt Wagner for a baseball game – Cardinals take on the Diamondbacks at Busch Stadium starting at 7:10 p.m. Tickets for the game are $115/person and include food and beverages in the MACA suite. Please call the MACA office or email Bonnie by May 30 to reserve your ticket with invoice to follow. Tickets are limited – so to ensure your spot be sure to RSVP.
- The committee meetings are on Wednesday.
- The board meeting will begin at 7:30 a.m. on Thursday morning and will be concluded by 11:00. Please plan your departures after that time.
- Please extend a personal invite to someone from your company or someone you know in the industry to attend the MACA meetings on Wednesday.
- In an effort to control costs, there is a charge of $25 per person to defray meeting costs and are included in your hotel room rate – if you are staying at the Marriott. Otherwise MACA will invoice you following the meeting. (Cancellations must be received in writing by noon, May 30, in order to receive a refund. If a person registers, but does not give proper cancellation notice, the person will be billed accordingly.)
See you in St. Louis!
TENTATIVE MACA MEETING SCHEDULE
Wednesday, June 5, 2013 – Committee Meetings
|9:30 a.m.||Executive Committee|
|9:30 a.m.||Distribution & Environment Committee|
|Noon||Lunch for All – Introductions by All|
|1:30 p.m.||Committee/Task Force Meetings:
|4:00 p.m.||Meetings Adjourn|
|5:00 p.m.||Depart for stdium via metro link|
|7:10 p.m.||Cadinals vs. Diamondbacks at Busch Stadium|
Thursday, June 6, 2013 – Board Meeting
|7:00 a.m.||Breakfast Buffet|
|7:30 a.m.||MACA Board Meeting